Parenting in a Digital World
The internet is a fantastic tool, giving us unprecedented access to information from all over the world.
However, it needs to be used with caution, and we have developed the following rules to direct the children while using it.
Please read the really helpful download PARENTING IN A DIGITAL WORLD which is available in the links at the bottom of this page.
We use the school computers and internet connection for learning.
These rules will help us to be fair to others and keep everyone safe.
- I will ask permission before entering any Web site, unless my teacher has already approved that site.
- On a network, I will use only my own login and password, which I will keep secret.
- I will not look at or delete other people's files.
- I will not bring pen / flash drives into school without permission.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- When sending email, I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone.
- I will ask for permission before opening an e-mail or an e-mail attachment.
- I will not make contact with people over the internet.
- I will not give out my name, home address or telephone number when using the internet.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with, or I receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers.
The school may exercise its right to monitor, by electronic or other means, the use of the school's computer systems, including the monitoring of web-sites and the interception of e-mail.
The school will delete inappropriate materials in cicrumstances where it believes unauthorised use of the school's computer systems is, or may be, taking place or the system is or may be being used for criminal purposes or for storing text or imagery which is unauthorised or unlawful.